It’s time…to let you know my book, Growing Strong Girls: Practical Tools to Cultivate Connection in the Preteen Years is now published and will be officially released on September 1, 2017! In the meantime, you can pre-order it on Amazon or wait for the complimentary e-book in August!
If you are wondering what it’s about…here is a sneak peak:
Girls today face incredible pressure to grow up fast and be “perfect” in every way. They yearn to connect, but sometimes this yearning turns into negative, even destructive behavioral patterns such as being passive-aggressive and covert, gossiping, or experiencing excessive stress and anxiety. It’s heart-breaking to watch even the most confident little girls disconnect and lose their sparkle—and their way—when they hit the preteen years.
An inspiring and accessible look at the lives of today’s 9-to-14-year-olds with hundreds of tips to get through to them, prompts to begin conversations, and ways to connect about the things that matter most.
What you can learn:
- How girls can learn to let go while guarding their boundaries
- How to help girls feel strong and healthy so they can create strong and healthy relationships
- The basics of social emotional learning and how you can implement them at homework time
- How to use breathing and movement for compassionate stress management
- How to create healthy habits to manage stress, anxiety, and social media
I am so excited to share with you my experiences and what I have learned along the way, my passion for learning and promoting confidence and inner strength in girls, and my action steps for practical ways we can all support girls!